TRY IT HERE FIRST- 2020 NEW CLUBS Book a FREE custom fit now!
With Jonathan Yarwood, renowned teacher to the world’s best players and now, GP’s very own personal coach.
Bad lie? Missed the green?
Don’t panic, master these three shots and knock it close.
1. PLAYING OUT OF DIVOTS
- Once you are over the mental disappointment of a ripped drive landing in someone else's mess, simply adjust your set-up.
- Move the ball back in your stance, not forgetting to square the face off (when you move the ball back, keep the face open).
- Move your weight onto your left side, make a slightly shorter backswing and keep your hands forward of the clubhead through impact.
2. HITTING THROUGH GRIT
- Stand close to the ball so that the heel is off the ground and the toe is sitting on the deck - this takes the bounce off the club.
- The shaft should feel almost vertical. Make your normal chipping stroke and you will hit it crisply every time.
- This technique is also applicable off a hard pan.
3. GETTING SPIN OUT OF THICK ROUGH
- There is a method that actually allows you to spin the ball a little from the rough.
- Get the handle of the club behind the ball at address, make a backswing with little hinge and then scoop under the ball with the right hand.
- This stops the front edge sticking in the thick stuff and allows the back edge of the club to skid, helping to elevate the ball and keep speed through the rough.
For all the latest news, reviews and a lot, lot more from the world of golf, click here for the latest edition of Golf Punk Magazine.