By Richard Harrison
Having a reliable routine is vital for successful putting. Watch the tour pros and see them follow the same routine for every putt - especially the short ones.
1. Mark your ball by aligning the writing on it directly down your intended line. You can now match up the putter to the ball and be confident in your alignment.
2. Take a comfortable stance and get your eye-line over the ball. Hang the arms and let them relax. Take a light grip - this will make it easier to judge the pace.
3. The backswing should be smooth, keeping the arms and shoulders working together at all times.
4. Be confident through the putt and accelerate to the target
5. Withstand the urge to look up as soon as you’ve struck the putt. Keeping your head still improves the chances of a solid contact.
For all the latest news, reviews and a lot, lot more from the world of golf, click here for the latest edition of Golf Punk Magazine.